Friday, May 20, 2011

Making decisions scares me

I've been wanting to pursue a nursing degree for YEARS. If I had done it back when I first wanted to, I would probably have my master's degree and be a nurse anesthetist. I already had a couple years under me at the college I went to, and instead of transferring to the nursing school I decided to keep going with the program I was in. Which was a terrible idea because Music Business isn't such a booming industry these days.

So after all this time, and watching some of my friends living MY dream and becoming nurses, I have taken the first step and registered for a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) course this summer. This will be my first step, to get this certification, and then once I secure a job at a local hospital I can likely get tuition reimbursed for me to get a nursing degree. I already have a Bachelor's degree so hopefully I can skip a bunch of Gen-Ed courses. 2 year degree nurses make as much as 4 year degree nurses, so I am going to go with the Associate Nursing degree. Someday. For now, I'm going to just get through the CNA course this summer! (while pregnant!)

Also, I went to a Lia Sophia jewelry party recently and just fell in love with the products. I am seriously considering becoming a consultant for them. I have a very large network of friends and think I could make a decent income. And if I don't make much, it will still be super fun. I don't think NOW is the time for me to jump into it though...it might have to wait until the first of the year. I am very excited about it!

So, just a couple decisions I recently made, which scare me just to think about them. Its good for me to do things that scare me though, as I tend to let my life get into a rut sometimes. The timing is awkward since I am pregnant but I guess there's no time like the present!

1 comment:

Robin Terrell said...

I'm really kinda jealous of you. I have wanted to be a nurse forever, but let life lead me into a different path and while I "like" my job, I don't LOVE it. Good luck!!!