Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Random Thought

Sometimes I wish I had a sign on my body/clothing that says "I love and support the LBGT community!"

We were eating at Cici's Pizza the other evening, and there was a younger gay couple in the booth in front of ours. One of the young men went to refill his drink and was walking back to the booth and caught me looking at him. He smiled quickly and sat down, and then I felt awkward because he probably thought I was staring at him, judging him, when I was just thinking about how years from now, when the civil rights movement for the LBGT community is victorious and they have all the rights as the rest of us, I can be proud that I have been a supporter the WHOLE time.

One thing I am passionate about (besides helping others) is the gay rights movement. I don't really know many gay people, either. I'm not one of those people who has a close gay friend and entered the fight in their honor...I'm just a happily married heterosexual female who believes all adults should be able to marry the one they love.

I'm also a Christian who sins plenty myself, so if people want to say this will cost me my salvation, then at least I'll go out being true to myself and having love for my fellow person, and without hate in my heart. (which sounds like what we as Christians are supposed to do anyways)

No comments: