Thursday, July 23, 2009

I did it!

I ran my first 5K last night! It was a fun run, so they didn't rank anyone except the first few people or so. I ran the 5K (3.2 miles) in 31.33. Not awesome, but very good for me!! Chris & the boys and my sister Kalynn were there at the finish line waiting for me. Then we went to celebrate at my favorite place, Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge. I tried to behave and had a salad, but I think it was probably one of those salads thats not very good for you. It was a Greek Alta salad (mixed greens) and had a vinaigrette dressing, black olives, tomatoes, feta & mozzarella, and these crispy onion straws on top. Very yum! I also had one piece of supreme pizza. =x But I hadn't eaten that many of my Weight Watchers points yesterday so I only ended up using about 6 of my flex points. Not bad!

Yes, I have decided to do Weight Watchers, although unofficially. Everyone I know who has been serious about WW has done very well on the program. Along with that, I am running 3 miles a day on M,W,F and then doing Yoga on T,Th,Sat. I was doing a Dance Jam class on Sunday nights but I haven't been in a while. I just like to relax on Sundays so its hard for me to get out of the house for a 7:30pm class.

Anyways, here are some pictures from the 5K last night. It was the Life Time Fitness Torchlight 5K. Life Time Fitness is the gym we belong to. =)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job!!! Way faster than I've gotten to! What Lifetime do you normally go to? I'm a member there too. :)